I drove it today,yahoo!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I drove it today,yahoo!
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:01:46 EST
    Well, after taking off the fuel pump and taking it apart three times I
finally got it to work. I put a spin on adapter and oil filter. No leaks.
Then after about a minute of intermittent cranking the TR4a was on the road
for a short test run, top down in Ohio already. What fun.
    What should the oil pressure be at idle? Mine is about 20 and jumps to 70
with acceleration. I'm not sure the gauge is accurate but if it is, would
these pressures be all right? Also the manual said the oil capacity is 11
pints, mine took 6 quarts and is still down about 1/2 a quart. Any comment?

                                Thanks in advance
                                Dave