old prices again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: old prices again
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:24:00 -0800
FWIW, the TR-6 I bought new in April, 1975 was $5710 in California.  It's a
74.5 and registered as a 74 (built in late 74).

It had overdrive; red-line Michelins; full tonneau plus the shorty boot
cover; an am/fm radio; and narrow reflective pinstriping along each side.
I've read on the TR list that the radio in those days was an option put in
by dealers; not sure when it became standard (if ever?).  It is mentioned
as a special item on the invoice, but no price given.  Likewise, I'm
certain the pinstriping was dealer-installed ("ups and extras"); it is not
mentioned on the invoice.

I recall the first big energy crisis being 1973; I think inflation hit hard
right after that, so those 1972 prices became just a memory, fast.

Also, remember in those gentle days, prices were "slightly higher west of
the Rockies."  I'd imagine maybe $300 cross-country freight was cranked
into my price because I think all the TR's came into the east coast.

Glenn Rattmann  74.5 TR-6 X 2
San Diego