want churchill tool info

To: Triumphcars <Triumphcars@onelist.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: want churchill tool info
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:03:42 -0500
Does anyone know what the thread pitch was in the Churchill diff
spreader?  (For GT6/Vitesse, in case there are more than one.)

I'm trying to find out how far to spread the bearings.  Bentley's says
to turn the screw finger tight, then 1/2 turn and no more.  If I only
knew what the thread pitch was, I could compute the spread.

tia
--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.  Friendship, n.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.     A ship big enough to carry two in