Re: Int'l racing colours

To: wallaces@superaje.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Int'l racing colours
From: Rodney Orr <RGOrrgeo@netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:32:20 -0700
Jim,
This is a message I'd saved on Cdn colours by Dave Terrick [thanks Dave].
It doesn't answer all your question, but hope it helps.
Rod. '70 TR6  CC55899L
----------------------------

From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: National racing colors - Canada

Hi all, Terrick here.

Max Blighton enquired again about colors.

I "quote" from the 1971 Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs (my car was raced
back then, got the book)

"The new national racing colours for Canada as approved by the FIA are red
and white.

The colours should be the same shade as those used in the National Flag.

The coachwork shall be red with a white stripe running along the top of the
car from front to back.

The stripe must be at least 8" wide and may be as wide as one half the
width of the coachwork"

Section 1.18,  page 58, CASC yearbook 1971.

Apparently,  BRG with a stripe WAS a Canadian color, but is "not
apropriate" for "most" of our cars - not that many of us would ever have
competed in "international racing car events" like Johnny Storm.

Dave Terrick
a decidedly un-national Jasmine yellow GT6.

PS:  Happy Independence Day to all of you south of the immaginary line!