Triumph parts found, and a rack question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph parts found, and a rack question
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:48:27 -0500
My son and I visited the local junkyard recently looking for Spit bits -
not that we found much.  At the same time, I was able to reconnoiter the
yard and found that they have 3 TR7s - all somewhat rusty, but 2 are
complete with engines, and all accessories.  Also found a TR4A - almost all
melted away, no engine or tranny or interior but has a complete dash with
all gauges, and they looked pretty good.

If you want to visit, the yard is located in Auburn (5 miles N of Saginaw,
MI).  Or you can call the yard directly - ask for Gary Hooper (one of the 2
brothers that own the yard is an LBC fan with 6 LBCs in storage) - (517)
662-6501.

If you find an item you need, let me know and I swing by on my way home
from work and pick it and ship it to you for the cost of
postage.  Incidentally, a part is often cheaper when "you" remove it: if
they give you a good break on that front, my son is willing to spend a few
hours up there removing items -- just remember him if you have any spare
goodies for an 1980 Spit -- his current project.

My turn now:  I have a question on the steering rack front: am I right in
thinking that the TR4A rack has a much faster turn ratio (something like
2.25:1) compared with the TR6, and will a 4A (or 4 for that matter) rack
fit the TR6?   We're getting ready for this years autoX season, and that
might make the difference with the Cobras!  and I know where I can find one
of these!

Tony Gordon
72 TR6
80 Spit