TR4A Rebuild - Wire Harness Replacement

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Rebuild - Wire Harness Replacement
From: john donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:41:30 -0800
I'm a long time TR owner, but I'm new to the list, so if I ask stupid questions
just tell me to shut up and be quiet. I started the last trunnion grease
question tread, and the last "nuts & bolts" thread, so I'm sorry if I'm boring
you.

(By the way ,,, so far I've collected 4 different mixtures to put in the
trunnions (and each of them  "swear" they have the best suggestion), and no-one
has put together a  "real" list of fasteners with Moss/VB/TRF cross references
yet - but a few say they will - but they must be as lazy as I am because I'm
still waiting!).

Anyway ... I'm on my second rebuild of my '67 tr4a, but this time I'm taking it
down to bare metal, so-to-speak. I reworked the engine with the help of Randy
Zoller at Heritage Motors in El Cajon, placed a $2000+ order with Moss so I get
10% off and free shipping (which is really great because I can order when I
need it), rebuilt the front suspension, steering rack & column, sand-blasted
the wire wheeels, ripped out the interior, prepped the dashboard, getting ready
to do the rear IRS (I'm sure I'll have questions on that later), and the body
is almost ready to get groomed and sprayed... . So, here's the question ....

The wire harness will probably be the first thing to go in after the body comes
back from the beauty salon. Besides some of the stereo speaker wires to lay
down, is there anything else I should consider now? Fog lights? Reverse lights?
Extra 12VDC lines? I'd be interested in hearing some experiences you've had so
that I can avoid tearing up my nice new carpet in the future, and lying upside
down with my head underneath the dash hoping that that no-one is looking, all
the time cursing myself because I didn't ask the "list"!

My intentions is to have the TR ready for the Portland meet. Hopefully we can
share a few beers there, and, oh yeah, maybe talk a few Triumph stories.
John in San Diego
'67 TR4A
'71 P1800E