TR6 persistent miss...

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 persistent miss...
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:23:15 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
Morning All (at least it is here),

On the way to work this morning I noticed the 6 has developed
a miss under hard acceleration which previously wasn't there.
It runs fine accelerating "normally" or idling - it was only
when I had to give it a bit of stick to get out into traffic
that it started missing. The battery charge should be completely
normal (especially since the alternator conversion - must put
pics of that up on the website), and it doesn't sound like
a capacitor (condensor) problem as it's too consistent.

Anyone have any ideas? Problems with LRP (lead replacement
petrol - I've been running with it for the past week, but only
by mistake - I only noticed that BP over here doesn't sell
leaded anymore when I was half way through filling the tank)?
Partially blocked injector?

On a completely unrelated note I'm just putting the finishing
touches to the soft top and frame, and noticed something
funny about the POR paint I used. The POR 15 undercoat worked
beautifully, and dried up nice and hard (it doesn't seem quite
as tough as they make out though), but the Chassis Coat top
coat doesn't seem to be setting properly (or has a completely
different texture). It's been almost a week since I did the
topcoat, but it still seems a little soft and tacky - anyone
else had this problem?

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide