Free TR2/3 top, anyone?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free TR2/3 top, anyone?
From: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:29:08 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I would like to part with the old top from my TR2. It is a 3-window style
top that I bought from JC Whitney about 20 years ago. The color is very
close to Robbins "tan"; more of a very light beige than a brown. The quality
is quite good. The vinyl has a pinpoint grain, rather than natural grain.
The windows are clear with little or no scratching, and no fogging. In fact,
the top has seen very little use since I disassembled the car shortly after
buying the top. It has a couple of light-but-noticeable stains on the outer
surface, because I hastily packed up the top with some other parts during a
move, and it picked up some spray-on preservative from a spare mainshaft
that I tossed in the box (a "Dreaded CO" move if I ever heard one). This
stuff may or may not come off; probably not. The top does have holes where
the baby tenax snaps went, but I think most of these are located in the same
place as the lift-the-dot fasteners used on the later cars.

Anyway, it's free to anyone who would like it, if you'll cover the shipping.
This would make a good top for everyday use, for parking in bad
neighborhoods, etc.

Thanks
-mg

1954 TR2 #TS2571L