Re: Timing Cover Oil Seal - 1960 TR3B

To: The Christs <bcjc@borg.com>
Subject: Re: Timing Cover Oil Seal - 1960 TR3B
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:54:33 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bill,

Nice to hear from someone in the Mohawk Valley.

First you have to take the cover off the engine. To do that you first
must  remove the fan plus pulley. When you get the cover off, push the
old seal out with a drift. Replace the seal with a new one and then
replace the timing chain cover with new gasket. Why you are there, you
my as well replace the timing chain tensioner and check to see if the
timing chain is not too stretched. Replace chain if necessary.
Of course, You will have to remove the front apron, radiator to get at
the fan and the timing chain cover.

Good luck,

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A