TR6 Voltage Guage guts

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Voltage Guage guts
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:52:24 -0400
Hi all

The voltage guage in my 74 TR6 has mostly been dead since I bought the car last
year.  I had it apart once and it worked for about a week after that, but has
been dead again since.  Voltage guages seem to be a rare used item as even the
local "King of the Pack Rats" (sorry Brian) doesn't have one.  Many, many
ammeters, temp guages, etc, but no voltage guages.

The internals of the voltage guage are exceedingly simple, just an insultated
wire wrapped around a bimetal strip, so I'm assuming the wire is broken.

Can I just take some of the wire from some other type of gauge and use it in my
voltage guage?  Anyone know where to buy the wire if the former is not possible?

Rob
74.5 TR6 CF27218UO  (Overdrive bench tested and functional as of Sunday
morning!)
Ottawa, ON