Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?

To: VK0216@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is there such a thing as a TR6 in Showroom Condition?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:53:39 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-05 15:28:08 EDT, VK0216@aol.com writes:

<<  now seeing what is termed as showroom condition, it sure lessens
 my expectations on the next TR I might want to see.   >>

Virgil,

I purchased a 1969 TR6 new in Feb '69 and, as I recall, it met my
requirements at the time for a car in "showroom condition" i.e., fit and
finish were better than most American cars; no paint runs, no flat spots,
etc; everything worked as expected.  Sure, as time went on, I had problems
related more to quality control than engineering shortcuts...but I had owned
British cars so the "surprises" were more like opportunities for me to test
my innovation and repair skills!  Heck, if I wanted reliability and sheer
boredom, I could have bought a '69 Ford Maverick!

I think I'd be quite interested in looking at a "showroom condition" TR6
these days if I were in the market....I could provide a pretty good benchmark
for the owner's assessment....just one man's opinion.

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (ready for summer)