RE: Question re: TR6 brake hazard switch leaking

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question re: TR6 brake hazard switch leaking
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:44:48 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I hate to disagree, but I don't think there is a seal at the switch.  If the
seals on the shuttle leak then fluid(f) will come out the switch, even if
the switch is good. If the seals leak the shuttle may not move due to the
divergent pressure.  I think the shuttle area is intended to be dry.

I had the same problem and elected to solve it by replacing the switch with
a bolt. I think on prior trips down this thread we concluded that the brake
warning light will provide several hundred microseconds warning that your
brakes have a failure before you impact that which caused you to try and
brake in the first place.

If you replace the seals be sure and use the type that is brake fluid(f)
resistant or you'll be right back doing it again.

Jim Altman jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
<http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html> 69-TR6 80-TR8 W4UCK