Looks and Stares

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looks and Stares
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:55:36 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Last Friday we picked up a brand new 2001 PT Cruiser for my wife. It is a
wonderfully simple, cute, great handling little car which gets tons of
stares everywhere we go, people ask her what kind of car it is, how much it
was, etc. She is amazed at how people react to her car, this is funny, this
has always happened to me ever since I bought my first LBC, difference is
that next year when there are 200,000 of these around and every Hertz
rent-a-car has them at $19.95 a day, people won't stop and ask her anymore,
they WILL  stop me and tell me they had a 6 or a 4  in college ... Once you
attract that much attention in a car you got to have more of it, she'll want
something else. Until my 2 1/2 year old is out of a car seat I'll have to
deal with this, when he grows up a little, she might inherit the Spitfire if
I can retrofit an a/c in it (she also needs to learn how to drive a stick)

Jack Levy
80 TR8
76 TR6
80 Spitfire