RE: TR-3 steering

To: "'scott weldin'" <sweldin@mail.ups.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-3 steering
From: Christopher Ball <cball@oct.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:24:59 -0400
There are tapered forks to do this, that pry it apart as you drive them in.
It is a bugger of a job requiring a "Birmingham tuner" often enough. (5
pound sledge) It is a tapered fit into the centre, yes. So, brace the rod
and then wack the damn thing. Easier said than done. I had mine all apart
for painting and so I rested it on a 2x4 with a hole drilled in it and then
pounded them out.

This is not a gentle operation Scott. Calling them a "dirty little
#$^#$^@#" helps too,