Crane Ignition

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crane Ignition
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 07:15:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to all that responded, and especially Michael D. Porter who took the
time to send me pictures of the various shutters, distributor installations
and which ones he is currently using.

>From all the responses I found that I should be able to install the crane
ignition without any modification to the rotor.  I measured the rotor height
without the shutter, then again with the shutter in place and found there
was about 1/32 difference.  When I looked at the bottom of the rotor I found
some unevenness due to the manufacturing process.  I sanded the bottom of
the rotor smooth, installed it and it works great.  Now I just need to get
the valves adjusted, carbs adjusted, and hopefully I'll be back on the road
again.

This list is great, thanks for all the help.

Ken