Re: Slow battery drain

Subject: Re: Slow battery drain
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:52:09 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-21 11:02:37 EDT, writes:

<< I measured a drain of 2ma at the battery.
 Any ideas what to look for, I didn't have this problem before I stored the
 car for the winter. >>

Assuming that you've checked the obvious culprits like courtesy lamps and
trunk lights staying on, try removing the fuses one at a time to isolate
which circuit leg is causing the drain.  I had a similar problem on an old
Chevy Impala - turned out to be a defective cigarette lighter drawing enough
current so as not to heat it up noticeably!

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (ready for another driving season)