Re: TR3-A Seat Springs

To: DLambert@anaheim.net
Subject: Re: TR3-A Seat Springs
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 25 2000 17:42:58 GMT-0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 Is anyone
>willing to comment on the quality and feel of seat springs purchased from
>either of the above?  Is there any other source (other than just a reseller
>of Moss or VB stuff)?  TRF also has them listed, but not in stock.

Dennis,

  I just this week finished using the TRF leather seat kit... the padding and
springs.  It turned out really nice. My only comment was that they did not
provide enough padding for the seats.  The springs were poking at my butt.  I
bought some 1" white foam and 1" cotton batting from a local auto trim guy to
add to the top of the cushion and to fill out the curved back to fit snugly
against the curve of the back frame.

The springs from TRF are from John Skinner I believe.  I have his parts catalog
and there was a tag on the springs that matches his number for the same thing.
 I am speculating that he is the TRF supplier for interior stuff. Many other
listers have highly recommended John Skinners quality and the price is in line
unless your buying at 30% off from TRF.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html