Re: 1275 Mg carbs on a 1500 spit?

To: Dan Carey <appleorchard@prodigy.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Mg carbs on a 1500 spit?
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:08:31 -0500
Dan,

I have a set of HS4's on my Spitfire.  They are from a mid 60's MGB.   The main
trouble is that some of the fuel outlets are pointing in different directions
than they should be for the Spitfire.  (The carbs are on the opposite side of
the engine so he lines come in from a different direction - also the carbs are
labeled front and back which is now reversed).  Also the linkage is different -
it seems that somehow the throttle return springs attached so they pull the
wrong direction if they are hooked up like they would be originally on a
Spitfire.

Roger Elliott
80 Spitfire

I am quite pleased with them