Pop threads vs. rivets?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pop threads vs. rivets?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:35:20 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I recently received a J.C. Whitney catalog in the mail and was thumbing
through it this morning, alternately chuckling and marveling at all the junk
they have in there.  Something caught my eye though and I was wondering if
any lister has experience with the tool that allows you to "pop" in a
thread, as opposed to a rivet.

Recently, I could have really used a way to install threads like this.  I
had no idea such a tool existed. I like the idea of being able to install
screw threads in certain pieces for later removal, as opposed to having to
drill out a pop rivet.  Anyone tried this thing?  Happy with it?

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site