Re: Head gasket sealer.

To: tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: Head gasket sealer.
From: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:09:07 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/4/00 12:53:45 AM !!!First Boot!!!, tigerpb@ids.net
writes:

<< To the Collective Wisdom:
 I'd like to know if any of you have used any type of head gasket
 sealant/adhesive when installing a new head gasket. Or, is it best to
 install it "dry"?
 Also, any recomendations on a vendor for push rods would also be welcome.
 Thanks!
 Paul Burr
 '73 TR6 (getting a new motor soon!) >>

I don't know what everyone else will have to say, but when I replace them I
get some aluminum spray paint. (Look for the one with the highest aluminum
content) and spraypaint both sides of the gasket.

I have heard this from more than one source, and never had a problem. Does it
help? Who knows? <shrug>