PI high pressure fuel line suggestions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: PI high pressure fuel line suggestions
From: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 13:22:01 -0600
Any recommendations on what type of fuel line to use to transport the high
pressure fuel from the trunk to the fuel distributor for a PI system.
I plan on installing a new line (known to be rust free and clean) and use
the old line for the fuel return.
- Jegs has 0.035 aluminum line available in 25 foot lengths anyone have
experience with it for 100 psi fuel?
- Another rather bullet proof option is to simply purchase some stainless
tubing. The nice thing about stainless is that if you have a chaffing
problem the frame will wear through before the fuel line.
- A third option is plastic hydraulic tubing but I'm worried about its
suitability for handling fuel. I've had problems in the past using plastic
for the wrong application.
Thanks in advance to everyone who provides input.
Later
Lee