O/D

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: O/D
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:55:03 -0400
Message text written by "Fred Thomas"
>Dave, did'nt you recently say a T/R 6 tranny with "J" type O/D will fit a
Tr
3, with just a rear mount change, no fly wheel, starter changes need be
done. I have a chance to buy a complete unit at a good price, what say you.
"FT"
<

Please let me retract that statement.  I was refering to the rear mounting
only.  If you want to put a J-type on a TR3 you will have to change the
flywheel, clutch, etc. the details of which I do not know as I have never
done this.

But assuming that the rear mounts have remained unchanged from the days of
the TR3 right up to the 71 (or 72) model TR6 then the modifications I made
to my 71 will also work for an earlier model TR.

Thank you Fred for notifying me of that omission.

Dave Massey