RE: virus, high LBC content

Subject: RE: virus, high LBC content
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:49:51 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Steve,

Sorry you got bit. I received this awhile ago about cleaning it all up. If
it were me I'd rename things (adding BAD to the extension so the file won't
be used by anything in the system) rather than deleting them -- just in case
I find I need the file for something.

Good luck!

>   If you are on a PC (MACs are not affected) and were
>   unlucky enough to be infected with this virus,
>   Symantec recomends deleting the following 5 files
>   in order to remove this virus from your computer.
>
>   in the Windows System directory:
>   MSKernel132.vbs
>   LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs  <--- don't bother renaming this, just
delete

>   in the Windows directory:
>   Win32DLL.vbs
>
>   in the Internet download directory:
>   WinFAT32.EXE
>
>   in the mIRC directory:
>   script.ini
>
>   Please let other PCers know. You can get the fix directly from
>   Symantec, or other anti virus cites. IF you are able to log on.
>   (the internet will be very heavy with others trying get on)

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA