RE: Progress on rebuild - the dashboard

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Progress on rebuild - the dashboard
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 11:54:36 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Les :

The temperature gauge needs special, careful handling, to avoid damaging the
capillary tube.  Disconnect the battery ground strap, then remove the bulb
from the Tstat housing, undo the clips on the tube, and remove the Tgauge
from the dash.  It's good to have a helper feed the capillary through the
firewall as you pull on it.

For the rest of the dash, I'd say it's about a push.  Taking the dash out
with the gauges still in it makes it a bit easier to see if the studs need
to be cleaned first.  Don't forget to disconnect the line to the oil
pressure gauge and have a rag handy to catch the drip.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver