Dan Masters Electrical Book

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Dan Masters Electrical Book
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 00 23:04:12 -0000
Listers--

Went to the British Car show in Townsend, TN this weekend (a really nice
show, by the way) and made a point of looking up Dan Masters to thank him
in person for all the great free advice I've benefited from over the past
2 years.  (Was surprised to learn that we were/are employed by the same
company--the Tennessee Valley Authority.  Dan's retired; I hope to be one
day.)  Dan took a lot of time to show my wife & me his beautifully
restored TR6 with its 55-amp GM alternator and a unique
solenoid-activated bonnet release that works like a charm and reduces the
cable length to what appeared to be about 10-14 inches.

Dan also had an advanced draft of his forthcoming electrical book for the
TR6/250 on hand and to say I was impressed is big understatement.  Just
from the quick scan I was able to give it, the book looks very
comprehensive.  It has numerous circuit diagrams and even logic trees to
help walk your way through problems.  And, typical of Dan, the writing
was clear and easy to understand.  This is especially useful for the
electrically challenged like me (not everybody at TVA's an electrical
engineer).  He told me the book's currently in the review cycle and when
that's done, he'll offer it for sale.  I don't think he's set a price yet.

This book will be a must-have for anyone that works on these cars.  I've
already got a space reserved on my bookshelf.  (And yes, I will admit to
an indirect financial interest--I'd rather do my own electrical work than
pay someone else to do it.)

Ian
CF57345U +O