Was "...Gaydon?" now Dearborn w/ no LBC Content

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was "...Gaydon?" now Dearborn w/ no LBC Content
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 14:37:44 -0700
"scott s." wrote:

> Do they [Ford] have a better reputation in America?
> >
> Don't know what they did with the Jags, but Ford USA operates
> one of the best museums of early 20th Century technology at
> Greenwich Village near corporate HQ....

It is indeed an extraordinary place but this may be because of Henry Ford's
personal passion.

For a guy who supposedly said "All history is more or less bunk" he had a
real sense for it.  Including, as I recall...

The car Kennedy was sitting in when he was shot... and the chair Lincoln
was sitting in when he was assasinated.

Edison's entire Menlo Park lab moved board by board... with Edison's chair
nailed to the floor the moment he stood up from it for the last time.

Luther Burbank's garden shovel preserved as he thrust it one final time
into a plot of concrete.

And of course... cars, cars & more cars.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ