Re: TR6 thrust washers & archives

To: <canada@voyageronline.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 thrust washers & archives
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:02:33 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Ian
I have built several engines and using a mix and match system with the
thrust washers, I have several oversive sets and some standards, if you use
a one from a standard pair and one from a plus 0.005 pair you get plus
0.0025 etc, I have worked in the 0.004" to 0.008" as recommended in the
manual I have. I have always erred towards the 0.004" as this leaves less
room for the thrust washers to escape. None of the engines has ever given a
thrust washer problem.
I have also had engines with 0.020" or more clearance and these have lasted
out until the rest of the engine needed rebuilding! So you probably don't
have a problem though the situation is not perfect!

Graham.