Re: Premature wear of TR6 rocker assembly

To: "Riggs, R Kevin" <rkriggs@ugsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: Premature wear of TR6 rocker assembly
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:28:33 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Larry
The oil ways that feed the head are at the back of the engine, they are
small and tend to be the first thing to clog up due to infrequent oil
changes. The main solution is too remove the head and run a twist bit
thought the oil ways, there is a small plug on the back of the head on the
rear left corner (near the spark plug), take this out and use the twist bit
in here to clear the cross drilling, then do the hole from the rocker
pedestal downwards, and the block face upwards, then blow the whole lot out
with compressed air.
Alternatively there is a feed kit that takes oil from the main gallery and
feeds it to the blanking plug hole in the back of the head. I have not used
this and have seen mixed reviews for this product.

Graham.