TR3A Steering/Other

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Steering/Other
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:26:44 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Don't know about the vibration, but I had a similiar problem with the
steering in my TR6.  Replace the worn steering rack mounts with new ones
from Moss and presto, problem gone.

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley, Springs, WV

****

I am considering the purchase of a TR3A.  The car has been very recently
restored and looks terrific.

When I drove it, there was some play in the steering.  Maybe +/- an inch
in either direction.  Is this normal for a TR3?

The body is very sound and ride is solid.  There is some vibration
around 3000 RPM's.  It goes away if you move either up or down from that
point.  Any ideas on what might cause this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Bill