Re: Puzzeled over CC#s

To: Ben Burnweit <1972tr6@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Puzzeled over CC#s
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:21:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ben, I'll bet that last number you gave isn't 76079Lcc, but is actually
CC76079L which is the commission number.  The plate on the
firewall that ends in cc is the body number.  Bodies along with other major
assemblies are serialized in the sequence they are made and
married to the car which is giving a commission number.  It would be a pure
coincidence if you ever found a car with the same serial
number for both.

Regards,
Joe Curry