Re: Mail backlog

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Mail backlog
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:01:55 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Graham,

It's probably already too late to do much about it.  Emails accummulate
like dust on any car surface.  The easiest way of dealing with it is not to
let it become a problem (yea, easier said than done says he looking at a
1.9Mb inbox).

I would suggest that you "save as" messages that you think contain pearls
of wisdom when you see them (you can try to get them back from your inbox,
but usually you cannot find them, and resort to the online archives
anyway).  And if you do delete the inbox, you can find the gems once more
in the archives, although that will sometimes take some creative searching
strategies (and correct spelling of names!).  The same applies to the
outbox - "save as" or  delete (although you will miss the chance to reflect
on the erudition of your gems after a pint of herald lager that way ... and
who would have ever drunk the stuff anyway!).

And remember, the list is very tolerant ... and unless you keep asking the
same question within the attention span of most listers, we will not notice
a repost for help too much, and even if we do, it'll be a chance to pull
your leg (I would have said take the p... but no one over here would know
what it meant).

Tony