Re: GT6 MkIII Clutch pedal fork

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 MkIII Clutch pedal fork
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:46:02 -0400
Joe Curry wrote:

> There must be something inherently wrong with this particular part.
>
> > I've just found there's almost nothing left of the forks at the GT6's
> > clutch master cylinder & pedal.

Mine was trash too.  $90 for a used replacement from
spitbits, but whatchagonnado?  I think the wear comes from
letting the throwout bearing carrier thingie (which the fork
engages with) spin freely.  My PO's carrier was all bent
up.  Got a new carrier from John Kipping (I try to throw my
custom around) and it has a pin through the flanges which
will prevent it from spinning through the fork's fingers.
Should prevent excessive wear on the fork (which isn't
lubricated, dontchaknow) unless the damn thing breaks off
(the pin, I mean).
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Helpmate, n.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.     A wife, or bitter half.