Re: Spit/GT-6 starter question

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Subject: Re: Spit/GT-6 starter question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:52:01 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I suppose that if the starter became stuck while engaged with the flywheel, one
could free it by putting a wrench on that square
portion.

The only reason I can think of not to cut it off would be that the shaft might
not be balanced afterwards.  However, since the starter
motor doesn't run all the time (only in short bursts) it probably doesn't
matter.

Joe