GT6 Brake M/C

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Brake M/C
From: Jim <cartr4a@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 08:45:28 -0500

Hi list,

I am in the process of rebuilding the master clyinders on my '68 GT6.
The clutch cylinder was no problem, but the seal on the brake cylinder
is so tight, that it won't release when pushed in. The cylinders seem to
be the same, both are 5/8ths bore,  but there is a different (larger)
seal for the brake cylinder. I checked that I ordered the right kit
(from Victoria British) and it is the right one. Anyone else have this
problem? Is this seal supposed to be larger? How can I free it up?

Thanks,

Jim
'67 TR4a
'68 GT6