Removal of Bushing from TR-4 Leaf Spring

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removal of Bushing from TR-4 Leaf Spring
From: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 14:03:32 -0500
We are rebuilding the rear suspension of my 63 TR-4.  The leaf springs are off
of the car.  We intend to replace the front spring eye and rear shackle pin
bushings.  However, the old bushing in the front spring eye of each leaf spring
will not come out of the spring.  We have applied penetrating oil, heat and
force without any success.  I am the original owner of this car and I know that
the bushings are original.  Would any one on the list who has done this job
tell us what method of removal finally seceded.  Also, does anyone know if
replacement bushings are available from a United States supplier for the front
spring eye and the rear shackle pin, and if so, who that supplier is.

Ken von Kluck, CT 20590 L