Re: VIN Information

To: Barry J Hammel <bluesky@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: VIN Information
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:40:33 -0400
Barry:

There should be a Commission Number on the passenger's side
fire wall next to the blanking plate for the left hand drive
master cylinders.  It should always start with TS.

There should be two tags above the battery. EB is the
lettering for one of the body tags and the other is only
numbers with no letters.The comm. no. is almost
always slightly lower than the body number plate (the one
with the EB). The 6 or 7 digit number was issued by the
company that made the shell while the EB was issued by
Triumph, thus why it is so close to the commission number.

It appears that someone put the other body number tag where
the comm. no. tag should be. If this is a correct tag and
not added from another car, it would be safe to bet that the
comm. no. is somewhere slightly lower than 76322. The seven
digit tag would indicate that the car is built in late
'59 or into the '60 year run. The EB number indicates that
it would be a '60 production year. So I would guess it is a
'60 year TR3A.

The engine number also carries the TS before the numbers, so I am
not sure what the 30067. I cannot find any reference to a number plate
being fastened to the left front fender?

FYI, these are my numbers:

Comm. No.  TS42153L     build date 1/9/59
Body No.   EB42550
Body No.   1017344
Eng. No.   TS42797E

Hope this helps.