GT6 Gearbox con't

Subject: GT6 Gearbox con't
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:44:00 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I know everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats wondering about the
saga of the gearbox.  Well, first off yet again thanks to all on the list
for their help.  It ended up that I took a 6 inch piece of  2x2 and put it
in the gearbox flange and it was wide enough to lodge against the oil pan
too.

Then proceeded to list the engine and slip the gearbox out.  I was waiting
for this thing to be extremely heavy but it turns out I could lift the
entire unit myself :-)

It turns out the my flywheel is no longer any good, about 25% of each tooth
is missing from the starter.  Thanks goodness I have 2 space flywheels.  As
I speak it is out being remachined ready for the new clutch.

I was contemplating the replacement of the rear oil seal in the block but I
can not figure out how to do it, anybody else done this with the engine
still in the car?

Where is the oil filler plug on these gearboxes?

Again, thanks a bunch and hopefully she will be running soon again.

I really want to start on the '3 :-))

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON