RE: Austin Healy Sprite

To: "Brad Hofmann" <blhjr@amaonline.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Austin Healy Sprite
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:17:58 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a 61 (which is also a MKII)  VG shape with no mechanical problems, no
(unfixed) rust.  I paid $1500 a couple of years ago for it.  I bought it to
have a LBC that I could drive while I was fixing up a spit.  They are *fun*
cars, but not worth anything near what he is asking for his.

A 62 is a MKII sprite.  I can find you a quite a few sprites for a *LOT*
less money. (between $1500-2500)  A good bugeye (MKI) can be found for $6k
or less if you look around.  Of course you can find $16K bugeyes and MKII's
if you look hard enough.  Definitely doesn't mean that's market value.  Even
on the much OVERPRICED eBay, sprites regularly sell for $3-6K

Bill
spits and sprites