Early TR6 PI Cam

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Early TR6 PI Cam
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 09:54:30 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello all,

Does anyone know off hand what the specs for an early (1969)
TR6 PI cam are? Was the cam used early on in production the
same as the TR5 cam, or is that just my imagination playing
tricks with me again?

The only reason I ask is that I was trying to adjust the fuel
mixture (again) yesterday by adjusting the clearances in the
metering unit (from Egil's very informative website), but
noticed that there were two lists of the clearances (one for
a TR6 cam, and one for a TR5 cam). Obviously the two lists
are different, and I seem to remember that the "TR5" cam was
used early on in production before Triumph detuned the 150BHP
spec engine to 134BHP (or whatever it was). If the TR5 spec
cam was used in my car it would go a long way to explaining
my fuel mixture problems....

TIA

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI