Re: business ethics (little LBC)

Subject: Re: business ethics (little LBC)
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 22:54:51 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

DRSkruffy@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/31/00 2:32:51 AM !!!First Boot!!!, hamilton@ptd.net
> writes:
>
> << > Where did you get that? I mean, the government is burdensome and
>  intrusive,
>  > but when did this start? Do you have a code number?
>  >

>  The Sherman Act (Anti-Trust Laws) -- not exactly new.
>   >>

> No, not exactly new, but not applicable to the local parts house selling to
> an end user.

The Sherman act does apply in that case, but there was a (relatively)
recent high-court ruling that it only forbids fixing a minimum price.
IOW, it's perfectly OK for a OEM or wholesaler to set and enforce a
maximum price.  It caught my eye, because it means that things like a
sale on McDonald's hamburgers no longer have to say "at participating
restaurants".  If McD's chooses, they can now tell their retailers to
sell at or below a specified price, without fear of running afoul of the
price fixing laws.

Randall