re: General Rustoration, certainly lbc relevant

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, bwesterdale@edax.com
Subject: re: General Rustoration, certainly lbc relevant
From: "William Hooper" <rotoflex@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 07:30:16 GMT
Yes sir!  On the horrifying organ blower job I mentioned earlier, & stripped
the blower cabinet inside & out, primed with Rustoleum primer, & topcoated
with Rustoeum Industrial.  Exactly what you described happened, & I cussed
probably more than you since it was stoop & bang your head labor.  There was
a failure of adhesion between primer & metal, & so when the topcoat stuck to
the primer it pulled up both layers.

My assumption was that it might have been a temperature problem (it was in a
cool-ish area beneath a theater).  So I stripped it again, & during the
application & drying of primer & topcoats ran a standard resistance room
heater to keep the temp up in the too-warm spring day region.  The second
time I used the "regular" Rustoleum topcoat (not Industrial) also, and
adhesion was satisfactory.