Participation

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Participation
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:09:59 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Carl Sereda wrote:
>Why not let the 'rough' cars in for Free or at least a discounted price?

Why not - though in the UK I think many owners are happy to pay full whack and
let their
cars be seen. At the Triumph 75th in 1998 at Gaydon there was one of the former
'works'
rally 2.5PI saloons that had had a major 'coming together' at the front end
heralding
major big bucks to repair. I think it was XJB 303 H. No-one queried why a
smashed up car
was on a club display - everyone was delighted to see it - regardless of what
it looked
like. I'm hoping that 'Canley Girl' might win 'Heap of the Show' at Gaydon on
July 2 but
perhaps I shouldn't have spent the last ten days polishing round the rust.

Jonmac

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
The SLOW progress with 'Canley Girl': http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/