Re(2): Inspected by #Duh

To: "RangerCRS" <RangerCRS@worldnet.att.net>, "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re(2): Inspected by #Duh
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:35:37 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Craig and LIST,

Even better is the first time I took the car (Craig bought the car from me)
through the Florida "sniffer" test and they wouldn't test it because it
didn't have catalytic converters installed!!!!!!  They use a mirror mounted
on wheels to look under your car for the cats.  Anyhow.  I argued with the
inspector for about 5 min....then showed him the sticker in the drivers door
jam that says "NON-CATALYST".  He then went to get his supervisor who
proceded to tell me I'd violated some obscure law by printing and installing
that "illegal" decal.  After about two hours of argument and finally
convincing them to look in their dust-covered manuals for information about
the car, they found that indeed '75 and '76 TR6's are NON-CATALYST as the
decal reads!!!!   DUH!!!!!!!

Long live government!!!!

Regards,

Chad Jester

Proud owner ( once again ) of a '79 Dodge Little Red Truck as of 0817 this
morning!!!!!!!