Re: GT6 gearbox

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 gearbox
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:58:55 -0500
David

The following items were replaced on my tranny rebuild:

New mainshaft - Rimmer Bros.
Rebuild kit which includes washers, spacers, bearings, gaskets(?) - TRF
Used 2nd gear - John Kipping
Syncro's - TRF

Sorry, Can't be very specific regarding costs involved.  My guess is $400
total for internal parts.

Make sure to check that the bolt and nut securing the gear lever to the
rail is not prohibiting the shift to 2nd before tearing apart.  Probably
not your problem if yyou have been using it.

Tom Beaver
Indy