Creaky TR6 right front

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Creaky TR6 right front
From: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:19:33 GMT
  I have an odd question.  My right front wheel is creaky.  It just started
a week or so ago.  While backing into a parking space, I heard these awlful
poping sounds from the RF wheel.  I assumed it was probally a sticky brake
piston on a slightly warped rotor and payed it little mind.  It has since
gotten much worse.  Always poping in reverse and now squeaking very loudly
in forward motion.  I have inspected the caliper in question, it seems fine
as well as the pistons (move freely).  My worry is perhaps the wheel bearing
is toast.  How do I check?  What do i check for?  Do I sound on base?

Thanks,
Graham Spencer