TR3 O/D Speedo Cable Angle Drive

Subject: TR3 O/D Speedo Cable Angle Drive
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:03:07 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello listers,

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to use the angle drive for the speedo on
my overdrive (A type, probably late TR4). The problem is that with the angle
it comes off at, there is no way I can see getting the speedo cable to route
down through the handbrake boot and under the car along it's merry path. No
matter which way I try to orient the angle drive, it results in an enormous
bend having to take place in the path of the cable -- and even then it
becomes doubtful that it'll fit under the boot. When I attach the speedo
cable DIRECTLY (with no angle drive), it seems to all fit together
perfectly. Is it actually necessary to use the angle drive, or can I just
leave the cable directly attached??

Thanks!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B