Re: TR6 Back Firing

To: <BennettDat@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Back Firing
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:08:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: <BennettDat@aol.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2000 6:13 AM
Subject: TR6 Back Firing

> Help, it sounds like the Mob is following me.
>
> Does anyone have advise on where to start. What generally causes this?
Carbs
> or Pollution Control?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> Bob Antoville
> 74 TR6

Bob: The first thing I'd do is hook up a timing light and check that
everything is alright. People (in the USA) tend to blame the carbs on LBC
first. 90% of the time, it end sup being ignition related. After checking
the timing, take a look at the cap and rotor, ignition wires and the spark
plugs-make sure everthing there is fresh and working properly.