30+mpg in the Spit!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 30+mpg in the Spit!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 17:48:15 EDT
List,

Just came back from a 40 mile run in the Spit - topped off the fuel tank on
the way home....did the fuel mileage calculations and to my surprise passed
the 30 mpg mark (30.4).  I've been sorta tweaking the SUs and the timing over
the past 3 months and haven't been able to get over 30......always in the low
29's.

The only parameter I've changed recently was the last oil change with Castrol
Syntac 20W-50......geez - sunshine, low humidity, it's running good, great
exhaust note, parade coming up on Tuesday....does it get any better than
this!!??

Cheers - have a great 4th

Chip Krout
1970 Spitfire Mk3 FDU78512L (enjoying the sunshine)
1976 TR6 CF57822U