RE: Wire Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire Wheels
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:25:50 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Wondering the same thing a couple of years ago, I contacted British Wire
Wheel.  They recommended their (of course) "special rim tape".   When it
arrived, all it turned out to be was wide, thick plastic "electrical tape".
Works fine, however, and has also proved be very handy around the house and
garage.  The big three sell big "rubber bands" for this purpose, but they
can be a bit pricey at about $8-$10 per wheel.  Finally, when I bought some
used wires, the PO had used duct tape, which seemed to have worked well.
Take yer pick...I guess.
Dennis