Sleeved thermos 4 sale

To: a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sleeved thermos 4 sale
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:04:54 EDT
XKs Unlimited phone number: 1-800-444-JAGS (5247)

Angelo, below is what it says on my XKs Ltd. invoice from when I bought
'sleeved thermostat' for my '64 TR4 in June '99 . By the way it's made very
well starting with a Robert Shaw all brass thermostat with a die-cut brass
sleeve silver soldered on. It works in the reverse direction as original
equipment SMITHs thermostat - but - it effectively does exactly the same
thing inside our TR housings - blocks the radiator bypass port with the
sleeve when motor reaches operating temperature.

ITEM # 0160
DESCRIPTION Bypass Stat XK+E+Sedan Pre '68
LIST $29.95
UNIT PRICE $26.95
SHIP'G/HANDL. $4.03
TAX $1.95
TOTAL $ 32.93

If you call these guys up and tell them your application you'll find they
only have one sleeved thermostat design to sell anyway. I have since
purchased a second one as backup and tested both inside my thermostat housing
in a pot of water on the kitchen stove - they work great - now I just need to
finish my 'ground up' restoration so I can use them for real!

Carl Sereda
'64 TR4 since '74